Software Development Manager
Want to have the support of a big company?
We're a proud member of The Priceline Group, the world's leading provider of online travel, with over 12,000 employees worldwide in more than 135 offices including New York, Amsterdam, London, and Bangkok.
The Priceline Group is the third largest e-commerce company in the world (behind Amazon and Alibaba). In 2015, Priceline was one of Fortunes “most admired companies” for the third year in a row, behind only Alphabet (Google), Facebook, and Amazon in the tech space.
Want to make a big impact in a small, agile, and collaborative team?
The Priceline Partner Network provides distribution of The Priceline Group's amazing travel deals to our network of partners. We're a fast-growing and tight-knit team of over 50 developers, designers, account managers, and sales staff located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Our mission is to provide innovative solutions, products, and services that power our partner's success - and we need your help.
Our Dev Managers are senior (or above) software developer that love to collaborate, lead people, share ideas and execute on the plan. A successful dev manager can orchestrate a dev team to deliver new features and products with the support of our Product and Design teams. Responsibilities include, building towards ever improving application performance and scalability, learning and teaching those around you modern development techniques.
Does scaling to handle hundreds millions of requests per day sound like an interesting challenge to you? What about the responsibility of processing millions of dollars a day in bookings? Or powering the travel experience of the biggest names in travel, entertainment and online marketing?
Priceline Partner Network designs, develops and maintains a suite of software that varies from high-level, customer-facing web applications – such as our dynamic bundled package application that offers huge savings to travellers booking a hotel, flight, and rental car together – to low-level, internal services – such as our financial auditing and commission reporting system.
We're looking for people who are
We're looking for teammates, not employees.
Are you driven, motivated, and aspiring for greatness?
- Hungry to learn.
Our world moves too fast to rely on what you knew yesterday.
If you had time on your hands, would you seek out interesting and useful things to do?
- Team oriented.
We work in small fast-moving teams; no one stands on their own.
Do you watch out for your teammates, and go after big goals together?
- An academic background in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work-experience
- Must be able to work full-time hours out of our beautiful new office space in Downtown Winnipeg
- Experience with unit, functional, and acceptance tests
- A desire to stay current with the latest technologies and share them with your teammates
- Experience with version control
- An eye for identifying opportunities and improvements in our applications, and a desire to contribute to PPN's technical playbook
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology
- Strong hands-on development skills utilizing a variety of products, tools, protocols, technologies, patterns, and practices
- Ability to collaborate and work in a small, self-organized, and cross functional team with little direction
Our best teammates work hard to have a specialization, but are cross-discipline and never back down from learning a new skill.
Got an eye for design?
These skills will let you succeed on our front-end.
- React and Redux
- CSS and modern preprocessors
- Responsive design
- Evolving web standards and best practices
- Semantic and accessible markup
- Experience with server-side technologies such as modern PHP, Twig templating, and Node.JS is an asset
Are Scalability, performance, and data the languages you speak?
Our services-layer is looking for these chops.
- Modern PHP
- RESTful API standards and API-centric-design
- Strong object and service-oriented design and development skills
- Understanding of big-data-enabling technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic Search and Solr
- Experience with GraphQL and DataLoader
- Knowledge of architecture patterns like MVVM, MVC and DDD
- Knowledge of micro-services and orchestration
- Experience with Node.JS and Express
- Knowledge of standards like Swagger, APISpec, JSONSchema, or other content services
- Experience with Java and Spring
- Understanding of cacheing technologies like Redis and Memcached
- Knowledge of NoSQL/Graph database technologies
- Experience with web application frameworks like Symfony, Laravel and Lumen
- Bachelors’ Degree of Science in Computer and Information Science.
Our technology team is dedicated to building the next generation of online travel using modern tools and techniques.
Benefits of Joining Our Team.
- Brand new office in Downtown Winnipeg
- A casual, fun, and fast-paced work environment at a company that is growing rapidly
- Subsidized parking and gym membership
- Competitive base salary and consistently aggressive bonus
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- Annual conference or training opportunity
- Employer RRSP matching
- Modern hardware and software to work with
- Regular team and company-wide events
- Travel opportunities for training and collaboration with our team members in other offices
- Regular Hackathons to experiment with new technologies and learn new skills
And, of course, a passionate, skilled, and friendly team to work and learn with!
Position TypeFull Time
Please try again or email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify them about the problem.