IT Support Specialist
Want to have the support of a big company?
We're a proud member of Booking Holdings, the world's leading provider of online travel, with over 12,000 employees worldwide in more than 135 offices including New York, Amsterdam, London, and Bangkok.
Booking Holdings is the third largest e-commerce company in the world (behind Amazon and Alibaba). In 2015, we were one of Fortunes most admired companies for the third year in a row, behind only Alphabet (Google), Facebook, and Amazon in the tech space.
Want to make a big impact in a small, agile, and collaborative team?
The Priceline Partner Network provides distribution of Booking Holding's amazing travel deals to our network of partners. We're a fast-growing and tight-knit team of over 50 developers, designers, account managers, and sales staff located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Our mission is to provide innovative solutions, products, and services that power our partner's success - and we need your help.
Do you love unlocking the potential in your team? Do you work hard every day to provide best-in-class support, and dream of bettering that support with new tools and techniques?
We're looking for a talented member to join our end-user services team doing activities such as: employee onboarding, help-desk services, mobile device management, video conference services, application training and management with end-user technology procurement.
Priceline Partner Network designs, develops and maintains a suite of software that varies from high-level, customer-facing web applications (such as our dynamic bundled package application that offers huge savings to travelers booking a hotel, flight, and rental car together) to low-level, internal services (such as our financial auditing and commission reporting system). Ideal candidates would also be able to contribute to our development teams more directly by providing support for developer tools, environment virtualization, and continuous integration and delivery.
You'll work alongside various colleagues (locally and remotely) in creating a best-in-class service and support environment. This is a challenging position in the dynamic technology environment which provides the opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, startup like environment. You should also be very comfortable with taking the initiative, leading by example and operating effectively in a fast-paced agile environment with a high focus on Customer Centric solutions.
Priceline Partner Network employees are expected to have in-depth knowledge, experience and understanding of various software packages, operating systems, device hardware and network infrastructure. These individuals are required to be well versed in both identifying and resolving technical issues/concerns in a timely manner while maintaining unparalleled customer service skills.
We're looking for people who are
We're looking for teammates, not employees.
Are you driven, motivated, and aspiring for greatness?
- Hungry to learn.
Our world moves too fast to rely on what you knew yesterday.
If you had time on your hands, would you seek to challenge yourself with new skills?
- Team oriented.
We work in small fast-moving teams; no one stands on their own.
Do you watch out for your teammates, and go after big goals together?
- Evaluate, prioritize and answer incoming requests for assistance from local and remote Priceline employees experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and/or other computer-related technologies
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff
- Delight employees with knowledge, integrity and a commitment to an excellent service experience
- Log and track all requests, incidents, and tasks utilizing Jira Service Desk
- Train users on various software and system hardware
- Configure computers, install software, and setup peripheral equipment
- Communicate with software and hardware vendors to request service/support regarding defective products
- Protect confidentiality with regard to all aspects of employee and corporate information
- An academic background in Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent work-experience
- Must be able to work full-time hours out of our beautiful new office space in Downtown Winnipeg
- Must be able to travel to the United States for training and onboarding
- Knowledge of Atlassian product suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Strong knowledge of Google Application Suite in a corporate environment
- Strong knowledge of current Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 10), Office (2016/365) and Active Directory
- Apple Mac (OSX 10.10 and above) experience in a corporate environment
- A desire to stay current with the latest technologies and share them with your teammates
- An eye for identifying opportunities and improvements in our workflows, and a desire to contribute to PPN's technical playbook
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology
- Ability to collaborate and work in a small, self-organized, and cross functional team with little direction
Our best teammates work hard to have a specialization, but are cross-discipline and never back down from learning a new skill.
- CompTIA, Microsoft, or Apple certifications are a plus
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), JAMF Casper Suite, or similar client management systems
- Experience with our software/hardware suite would be beneficial;
- Lenovo & Apple workstations
- VMWare, Citrix, DUO Security, F5, ClearPass
- Zoom, Robin, Jabra, Logitech
- Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Trend Micro Antivirus
- Cisco desk phones, Cloud Based PBX, iOS, Android
- Microsoft SCCM, JAMF Casper Management Suites
- Ideal candidates will able to contribute to our development environments and workflows;
- LEMP stack tuning (PHP-FPM, PHP7, NGINX, OPCache)
- LEMN stack tuning (NGINX, NodeJS)
- Atlassian Bitbucket and Bamboo CI/CD
Our technology team is dedicated to building the next generation of online travel using modern tools and techniques.
Benefits of Joining Our Team.
- Brand new office in Downtown Winnipeg
- A casual, fun, and fast-paced work environment at a company that is growing rapidly
- Subsidized parking and gym membership
- Competitive base salary and consistently aggressive bonus
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- Annual conference or training opportunity
- Employer RRSP matching
- Modern hardware and software to work with
- Regular team and company-wide events
- Travel opportunities for training and collaboration with our team members in other offices
- Regular Hackathons to experiment with new technologies and learn new skills
And, of course, a passionate, skilled, and friendly team to work and learn with!
Position TypeFull Time
Please try again or email email@example.com to notify them about the problem.