Want to have the support of a big company?
We're a proud member of Booking Holdings, the world's leading provider of online travel, with over 12,000 employees worldwide in more than 135 offices including New York, Amsterdam, London, and Bangkok.
Booking Holdings is the third largest e-commerce company in the world (behind Amazon and Alibaba). In 2015, we were one of Fortunes most admired companies for the third year in a row, behind only Alphabet (Google), Facebook, and Amazon in the tech space.
Want to make a big impact in a small, agile, and collaborative team?
The Priceline Partner Network provides distribution of Booking Holding's amazing travel deals to our network of partners. We're a fast-growing and tight-knit team of over 50 developers, designers, account managers, and sales staff located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Our mission is to provide innovative solutions, products, and services that power our partner's success - and we need your help.
Do you love unlocking the potential in your team? Do you work hard every day to provide best-in-class support, and dream of bettering that support with new tools and techniques?
We're looking for a talented DevOps Specialist to join our Site Reliability (SRE) team. The team consists of (local and remote) operations specialists who "run" our web applications, focusing on server configuration, routing, reliability, performance, and supportability. They sit at an intersection between all of the platform teams and interface directly with product development teams. SREs spend time developing and automating solutions that reduce operations tasks and increase the time that can be spent on systems development. The ideal candidate has experience in software development with unix and networking skills, and has a desire to help build a network of applications that are available, reliable, performant, and secure.
Priceline Partner Network designs, develops and maintains a suite of software that varies from high-level, customer-facing web application (such as our dynamic bundled package application that offers huge savings to travelers booking a hotel, flight, and rental car together) to low-level, internal services (such as our financial auditing and commission reporting system). Candidates will work with the Site Reliability team on supporting those applications within our private cloud environment. On a day to day basis, you will rotate between working on dedicated projects, handling individual requests that keep our site running, making changes to our application stack, performing deploys on critical infrastructure and improving the state of our monitoring, alerting, instrumenting and reporting.
We're looking for people who are
We're looking for teammates, not employees.
Are you driven, motivated, and aspiring for greatness?
- Hungry to learn.
Our world moves too fast to rely on what you knew yesterday.
If you had time on your hands, would you seek to challenge yourself with new skills?
- Team oriented.
We work in small fast-moving teams; no one stands on their own.
Do you watch out for your teammates, and go after big goals together?
- An academic background in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work-experience
- Must be able to work full-time hours out of our beautiful new office space in Downtown Winnipeg
- Must be able to travel to the United States for ~1 week training and onboarding
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining Linux systems (CentOS or Redhat preferred)
- Experience with scripting (Python, Bash) in an industry setting
- A background in an Operations role
- Strong troubleshooting skills and systems thinking
- A curiosity and passion stay current with the latest technologies and share with your teammates
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology
- An eye for identifying opportunities and improvements in our workflows, and a desire to contribute to PPN's technical playbook
- Ability to collaborate and work in a small, self-organized, and cross functional team with little direction
- Knowledge of Atlassian product suite (JIRA, Confluence)
Our best teammates work hard to have a specialization, but are cross-discipline and never back down from learning a new skill.
- A background as a full stack developer with experience in Java, Node.JS, React, and PHP
- Experience configuring and tuning CentOS, Node.JS, React server side, Memcached, Redis, PHP, NGINX, MySQL, Kafka and OPCache
- Cloud experience (Google or AWS)
- Salt/Chef/Puppet/Ansible config management experience
- Work with Docker containerization
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks
- Atlassian Bitbucket and Bamboo CI/CD
- Some light-IT-support work may be required from time to time, using;
- Google Application Suite
- Microsoft Windows 10+ & OSX 10.10+ runing on Lenovo & Apple workstations
- VMWare, Citrix, DUO Security, F5, ClearPass
- Zoom, Robin, Jabra, Logitech
- Cisco desk phones, Cloud Based PBX
- Trend Micro Antivirus
- Cisco desk phones, Cloud Based PBX
Our technology team is dedicated to building the next generation of online travel using modern tools and techniques.
Benefits of Joining Our Team.
- Brand new office in Downtown Winnipeg
- A casual, fun, and fast-paced work environment at a company that is growing rapidly
- Subsidized parking and gym membership
- Competitive base salary and consistently aggressive bonus
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- Annual conference or training opportunity
- Employer RRSP matching
- Modern hardware and software to work with
- Regular team and company-wide events
- Travel opportunities for training and collaboration with our team members in other offices
- Regular Hackathons to experiment with new technologies and learn new skills
And, of course, a passionate, skilled, and friendly team to work and learn with!
Position TypeFull Time
Please try again or email email@example.com to notify them about the problem.